In the commercial hot-water world, the 28c Series may be the only tankless solution you will ever need to know.
With the 28c as your platform, you can solve the needs of a small restaurant kitchen, a school shower facility, or a large National Guard training base. The 28c can be used standalone, or it can be configured into multi-unit systems of 2 to 20 units controlled with Paloma's Manifold Electronic Controller.
Why use Paloma's Expandable Tankless Water Heater instead of conventional hot-water solutions?
- Standard components - You can standardize your design of hot water systems from 200,000 to 4.0 million BTU's on a single, common component - the Paloma 28c.
- Scalability - Systems can be designed to be expanded over time to accommodate increasing hot-water requirements.
- Installation ease - Each unit you carry in weighs just 55 pounds, and you have leeway in designing the installation around space limitations of your mechanical room.
- Built-in redundancy - Even if one unit requires servicing, other units in your system will continue to provide hot water. It is not necessary to shut down the entire system to service a single unit.
- Servicing flexibility - You can, in fact, swap units out for offsite servicing if you wish.
- Smart energy use - Just like a tankless system for home use, commercial applications can also leverage the Paloma's on demand energy-wise performance.
A large system of 28c Paloma's can be electronically controlled with the MIC-180 Manifold Controller. For systems of 7 to 20 units, the MIC-180 Controller needs an extended communication board, the MICS-180, which can be fit inside the MIC-180 installation box.
The UMC-117 Main Controller is used to set temperatures, display error codes and access maintenance information on a single-unit installation. In multi-unit systems, one Main Controller is used as the temperature controller and error display for the entire system. Others continue to be used to display diagnostic information on specific units.
- Endless hot water on demand
- Energy efficiency - heats water only when it is needed
- Compact, and takes no floor space (wall-hung installation)
- Unmatched Safety Engineering
- Proprietary ICAD Safety System (on indoor model)
- Proprietary Film Wrap Overheat Limiter (on heat exchanger)
- Flame failure and anti-boil protection
- Freeze protection to minus 30 degrees F
- Built-in diagnostics and usage record
- Includes Digital Controller to set temperature and display diagnostics
- 180-degrees F maximum temperature setting
- Minimum flow for ignition: 0.66 GPM
- Power Return: AUTO-ON at last setting after power interruption
- Low NOx emissions meet SCAQMD Rule 1146 requirements
- Can be used in circulation systems up to 140 degrees F
Multi-Unit System Features:
- 1- to 20-unit systems with 199,900 to 3.99 million BTU's/hr. inputs
- MIC-180 Manifold Controller quickly and tightly calibrates firing, temperature and volume output of each unit in system
- Control logic distributes heating load to maximize system life
- Can be delivered and installed in tight locations
- Built-in system back-up
- Units can be serviced without shutting down the entire system
- 3-Year Limited Warranty on Heat Exchanger
- 1-Year Limited Warranty on Parts