The Register Plus Fan-Forced Heater, model RMC162W, by Cadet is often chosen for its similar appearance to central system register vents. It is offered with both fixed and multi-watt capabilities. A large squirrel cage blower quietly provides increased airflow allowing for lower surface and air-at-surface temperatures. Cadet recommends a wall-mounted thermostat for optimum performance, or you may prefer the convenience of an optional field mount thermostat kit.
Fan forced electric air heater shall be UL listed and dual field rated at 208V/240V. A 20 gauge wall mounting can with four knockouts shall be provided with this heater. The element and blower shall be of unitized construction and shall attach to wall can with a single screw. Elements shall be steel-finned type, with an oversized 25 amp rating at 240V high temperature manual reset limit switch. Metal grill shall be of one piece construction and finished with a powder coat paint system.
A thermostat is required. For optimum comfort, use a Cadet electronic thermostat. This fan heater and thermostat work best when installed on an inside wall. A double pole, built-in thermostat may be installed in the field. UL requires this heater to be placed at a minimum distance of 6" (15.2 cm) from adjacent surfaces and 4.5" (11.4 cm) from the floor. Cadet recommends installation of 12" from all surfaces. A 3' (91.44cm) minimum clearance is recommended for furniture or other objects placed directly in front of this heater.
Note: Manufacturer recommends installing heater assembly after walls are finished. Heater must be cleaned every six months minimum.
|Cadet Register Plus Fan Forced Heater RMC162W Specifications|
|Rough In Dimensions||12.75"W x 6"H x 4"D|
|Wall Can Dimensions||12.625"W x 8.875"H x 4"D|
|Grill Dimensions||14"W x 7.375"H|
|Voltage||208 / 240 V|
|Watts (240V)||700 / 900 / 1600|
|Watts (208V)||525 / 675 / 1200|
|Amps (240V)||2.92 / 3.75 / 6.67|
|Amps (208V)||2.52 / 3.25 / 5.77|
|Box Weight||8.15 Lbs.|
Cadet Register Plus Fan Forced Heater RMC162W Features:
- The premier heater choice with similar appearance to a central system register vent.
- Large squirrel cage blower provides increased airflow for lower surface temperatures and quiet performance.
- 3' clearance in front; 12" above; 6" to sides
- Powder coat paint process eliminates sharp metal edges
- 5 year extended warranty
- Commercial grade steel element
- Thermal Safeguard: High temperature manual reset - turns off heater if normal operating temperatures are exceeded
- Wall can designed for quick installation with mounting legs that minimizes measuring time
- Optional double pole field mount thermostat kit available
- Factory tested
- UL listed